Embark on a thrilling course into the heart of endurance racing with our Race Strategy for Endurance Racing self-paced course!
Uncover the pivotal role played by Strategy Engineers in achieving peak performance for racing teams. This course is a hands-on workshop for how decision-making happens on and off the track.
Explore behind-the-scenes insights into pre-event strategies, taught by an expert endurance race strategist. From fuel-based calculations to driver categorization, tyre compounds, and driving-time strategies, gain invaluable knowledge to propel you to victory.
About this course
- Coming December 2023
Race Strategy for Endurance RacingSelf-Paced Course
- Lifetime Access to course materials
- Ask questions and get feedback from the instructor
- Earn an industry-recognised course certificate
- Learn at your own pace and watch lessons in any order
- Quizzes and assignments included
What You'll Learn
- Master pre-event strategy calculations, including Microsoft Excel applications.
- Optimize practice sessions for strategy, considering actual data and adjusting based on performance and license grades.
- Apply knowledge in creating a pre-event strategy calculation sheet using Microsoft Excel.
- Understand and implement in-race “Strategy Rules” for adaptive decision-making.
- Introduction to Race Strategy
- Pre-event strategy calculations
- Fuel-based strategy calculations
- Driver categorisation
- Tyre compounds
- Driving time based strategy calculations
- Developing strategy over practice sessions
- Finalising strategy plans
The course also includes quizzes and a practical final assignment that models working as a strategy or race engineer in endurance racing
This course is for you if...
You are a student or professional with an interest in Strategy Engineering in Endurance Racing
You want to learn about the specific techniques, methods and tasks of a Strategy Engineer in Endurance Racing
You’re ready to boost your CV and start a career in Strategy Engineering in Endurance Racing
Meet your course instructor
Davide de Russis
As an expert in GT cars, he works with different teams competing in endurance racing series such as in British GT, Asian Le Mans Series, European Le Mans Series, GT World Challenge Europe, World Endurance Championship, 24h Le Mans, and many more.
Davide holds a BSc in Automotive Engineering from the Politecnico di Torino, has completed a Race Engineering Specialist Course with Hexathron Racing Systems, and has an MSc in Motorsport Engineering from Oxford Brookes University.
Davide has worked with
Race Strategy for Endurance Racing
Access Duration: Lifetime ⓘ
Duration for which video lessons, downloadables, quizzes and assignments will be made available from the time of enrolment.
Mode of Delivery: Online ⓘ
Lessons are managed by experienced course leaders leveraging online means.
E-mail support ⓘ
We provide support throughout the duration of the course.
A certificate will be awarded upon course completion so you can share your achievement with your network.
Interact with instructor ⓘ
Network with motorsport engineering professionals and receive the advice you are looking for.
Assignments and quizzes ⓘ
Impress your course leaders by excelling at the challenges they present to you.
Watch lessons in any order ⓘ
Start from the beginning or the end - you choose!
Assignment feedback ⓘ
Receive feedback from our course leaders so you can understand areas of improvement.
Keep in touch with Motorsport Engineer!
Join our mailing list to get the latest updates
Every course page has a section called “This course is for you if…”, detailing who the course is designed for. If you are unsure about a specific course, please get in touch with us at email@example.com and we will be happy to provide further guidance.
Required software is included upon course acquisition unless otherwise specified. Where needed, we provide installation instructions.
Every course page has a section describing the syllabus. Furthermore, the detailed curriculum is also publicly available.
Yes! A personalised certificate with your name and the course you completed will be provided once you successfully finish the course. This certificate is a great way to show what you have learnt from industry experts and allows you to differentiate yourself from other engineers or applicants in the sector.
Our courses can be accessed, depending on the price plan acquired, going from 2 months to lifetime access . This guarantees flexibility to the needs of every student.
If you are a group of students interested in one or more courses please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Networking is key for finding your way into any industry, and motorsport is no different. For this reason, we think that having the possibility to interact directly with instructors is vital. We have created a number of tools that will allow you to speak directly with our instructors during the course through our platform.
Keep in mind that asking interesting questions will help you stand out!
Job hunting can be a stressful process filled with uncertainty. To help with this, we offer a CV review package based on our years of experience applying for and working in Formula 1 and motorsport and our experience in recruiting the best talent for some of the top brands in the industry.
If you are interested in this private service offered on a case-by-case basis, please send us an email to email@example.com mentioning our CV review service and we will get back to you with all the information.
This is one of the most common questions we receive in our inbox.
There is no answer that applies to every single person, but here are some general tips to achieve your goal:
1. Complete the Introductory Course available for free on our platform. It will give you an overview of the motorsport industry.
2. Read our blog article “5 things every aspiring Formula 1 engineer should know“.
3. Browse our Motorsport Academy for any course that catches your attention on the topic that you want to specialise in.
4. Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org should you require further assistance.